Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Day and New Way

Today I have tried something new. I scanned a painting rather than take a picture.  The picture I took didn't turn out well. I had ordered a portable photo booth, and tried that, but wasn't pleased with the results. Think I just need to practice. I know some artists use the scanner and their work looks great......so I will leave it up to you all, any comments are always welcome. I was trying to loosen up with my painting, and that didn't happen! I will just keep trying. I saw a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that I think applies to all of us artists. "Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be" Don't you love that?

6 comments:

  1. The soft white against the yellow and blue combination is wonderful. I do love Emerson's quote . . . something to think about! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your composition and the soft colors. Beautiful! The quote from Emerson is wonderful and on target!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy, love your work. I wanted to say that I have read a little about Notan. Interesting composition ideas. Your Tabasco painting is timely to see as I am in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty light on this! I love the softness of the colors too. Great job Cissy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments. I just love hearing from everyone and knowing that you are there spurs me on. So i have to get busy painting!. I have book club this week, Just finished "The Help", a great book! Happy Painting all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely painting Cissy! I love the soft warm glow on the egg and subtle shadows on the cup. Scanning seems to be working for you.

    ReplyDelete