Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I have been busy with welcoming the new members to Women Painters of Washington, and cleaning out my studio. It was a joy to welcome 10 very talented painters to our organization last Wednesday. There are so many wonderful artists out there, it is a constant joy to meet so many talented artists. Since I had gotten off track with my own painting I decide the best thing to do would be to clean my studio and make room for new ideas. Buried under papers, I found this illustration that I had done many years ago. It also reminded me that I had a hard time drawing people and I solved my problem by emphasizing design. So, I share this with you all. It would be fun to hear your comments. Thanks again to all of you who comment and encourage it is a delight to get to you. Sorry it seems a bit small here, it was a black and white ad in our local newspaper......back when they used fashion illustrations!

3 comments:

  1. When I clicked on the image, it seemed just fine. This illustration evokes wonderful memories of the past . . . when black and white was all we knew; when ladies wore dresses and stockings everyday! You are very talented, Cissy. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a very elegant lady and I love her elongation. Design I think is just about the most important thing in a painting. If it doesn't have good design, nothing else will make up for the lack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful. I just love it when something makes itself available at just the right time...floating, in my case, up from one of my piles. Your illustration is terrific. High style and aren't you a lucky one to have learned human anatomy this way.

    ReplyDelete