Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tall Non Fat

We are heading back East for a few days to visit family and attend my Husband's reunion, so, I won't be posting for awhile. When we return I hope to be better about posting on a more regular basis. I do want to thank everyone who has stopped by and especially those who have taken the time to leave a comment, or become a "follower" I really am so inspired to paint more and share, as the art blogging community is such a wonderful group of people, all I can say is thank you. Since I am sort of taking a coffee break here is a painting done with oil bars. I was just trying for shapes and spots of color. I took a picture of a friend and the manager came running out telling me I couldn't do that. Tall Non Fat . Don't know what he thought was wrong. It was evening and I liked the lights shinning down, and the golden glow. Just wanted to make a painting. Has anyone else had that happen, and how do you go about taking pictures in public? I will look forward to hearing from you and will share more when we return. Happy Painting.

8 comments:

  1. Cissy, I LOVE this! You have really captured that warm glow of evening. Gosh, it sounds like the manager thought you were the paparazzi . . . too funny! I've never had this happen, but that's why I like my Canon SX20 IS. It allows for discretion while shooting photos even in the most crowded settings. Wishing you safe travels. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting- love the warm light. Sounds like an uptight manager? Glad you got the shot you wanted. Travel safe and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting of a scene so familiar on a summer evening. You really caught the glow of warm light!

    When I take photos I make sure to turn off the flash. Using a camera with a good zoom lens is great for taking photos of crowds. You can zoom in on the photo later on your computer and find wonderful candid shots of people. I also sometimes ask a person if I can take a photo such as plein air artist at work.

    Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cissy. Wonderful colors and a candid view of something many of us do everyday, buy coffee! I'm a coffaholic myself so connected with this scene totlally. With regard to picture taking in public I guess you just have to be inconspicuous. Sometimes I act like I'm taking a picture of something else by turning my body a little. I always shoot from a very comfortable distant with a zoom lens. Yes and the flash needs to be off. In reality if it's a public space we all subject ourselves to the world.Artists have been interpreting their surroundings since the beginning of time. That manager should lay off the coffee and have a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use all those same ploys and shoot without a flash but he seems a little paranoid to me. Iove the painting and have a wonderful trip! Thanks for your Comments, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely warm painting . It calls up the aromas, light and atmosphere. The beautiful blonde haircut is a true focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marie, love hearing from you. Thank you too for the kind comments. They keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice painting. And no, I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't take a photo of someone else. On the other hand, I've had a wanted subject tell me not to take their photo!
    My usual problem, when I encounter one, is someone realizing I'm taking their photo and becoming self-conscious and thus no longer a good subject. So like the other commentators, I try to be discrete!

    ReplyDelete