Friday, July 1, 2011

You win some you loose some

July has come to the Northwest, finally! My peas are up and the deer have found them! I entered a show and didn't get in, and was really upset, decided to donate all my supplies to the school, and turn the studio into an exercise room.......and so it goes. The good news is my miniatures got into the show( a different juror) and one miniature won 2nd place. So, just goes to show you win some you loose some. In the words of Kahlil Gibran " My soul preached to me and said: Do not be delighted because of praise, and do not be distressed because of blame." Since I don't have a picture of the winning miniature I am posting a picture of the first day at the beach.......the kids couldn't wait to run down to the ocean, such joy!

 Enjoy, and to all of you wonderful bloggers out there......Happy Fourth!

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the win, Cissy! Hang onto that studio! The deer got your peas, and the birds are stripping my aloe flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the motion and feeling you captured with the sweet beach painting. Also, love the feeling of light. Wonderful water:)
    I have not really entered shows yet but can imagine the disappointment. Really like your quote and will remember that! Glad you kept your studio and would have been sorry to see you not painting...you have too much talent, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy, I'm so glad you didn't donate all your painting supplies, what a shame that would be! I agree with Kathy, you have a lot of talent...love your paintings of children. The colors are great in this one.

    Congratulations on you win in the art show!

    ReplyDelete