Sunday, November 28, 2010

Afternoon Tea, with lemon

This is my favorite teapot, reminds me of visits to my Grandmother's and her friend, Adelie, who read our fortunes in the tea leaves. She once told me I would tell stories with my pictures. Do you think there is anything in the leaves? Does anybody do that anymore?

 Last week I delivered the miniatures to the gallery for their annual miniature show, Kaewyn Gallery, Bothell, Washington. I didn't have a chance to take pictures of them...... Where does the time go? That's why we all need afternoon tea, a time to unplug, sit back and just relax. Now it is time to start thinking about Christmas, and a new year. Hopefully, I will really be able to post everyday in the new year. Still need to learn how to make links work when posting. I'd love to mention all that Leslie Saeta and Dreama Tolle Perry are doing for another artist who had a stroke. They are such fabulous artists and so generous with their time and talents. To all who stop by thanks, love to hear your comments, or just say Hi.

1 comment:

  1. Cissy, what an exquisite painting of this charming teapot. I love the dramatic lighting and reflection of the lemon in the cup, it just glows!

    This painting also reminds me of my mother-in-law's house which is full of antique china and teapots. Your painting inspires me to try painting one someday.

    ReplyDelete